#CelebrateDifferences with Smoothies
Helloooo Fresh Approachers!
March! April is here to rescue us! Well, we all hope that this month would fill us with better positive news. April is the time where we celebrate Easter and on April 6, International Pillow Fight Day (perfect time to stay home, huh?). There is one more event that has its recognition in the global scale and should be passed on from generation to generation: National Autism Awareness Month (NAAM).
Organized in 1972 by the Autism Society of America, this campaign is designed to build a better awareness of the signs, symptoms, and realities of autism. As the prevalence of autism in the United States and the whole world has increased, we should all be aware of autism signs, symptoms, and opportunities. By spreading this awareness, we encourage more and more people to #CelebrateDifferences and become more inclusive of individuals with autism. Most importantly, we recognize the family and friends of individuals with autism. Their unconditional love and perseverance have already made a difference to #CelebrateDifferences.
Therefore, TAKE THE PLEDGE
After we take the pledge and have contributed in spreading Autism Awareness during NAAM, I suggest we continue talking about this with our family and friends over some delicious smoothie recipes that The Fresh Approach has in store for us!
Smoothies are healthy for us because of the nutrients that give us energy, detoxes the body, boosts your brain, and other beneficial ways that your body will thank you. I have been incorporating a smoothie diet into my meals for almost a month now. After a week I already felt the benefits: I was able to come to work with full of energy that I used to rely on coffee for, I was able to have better night sleep that helped with my mood the next day, and it reduced my cravings and kept me fuller for longer.
All you need are the ingredients, a moment of courage to try new things, and a blender….
Below are two favorite recipes that are both delicious and available at your local grocery store. All the ingredients are made for 1-2 servings and are at 300-450 calories (unless you put some Oreos and chocolate fudge).
1. Chocolate with a Cherry on Top:
- 1 cup of Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon of Chocolate Whey Protein or Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tablespoon of Almond Butter
- 1 cup of frozen Dark Sweet Cherries or Fresh Cherries (just add ice to the smoothie)
- 1 Banana
- 1 teaspoon of Virgin Coconut Oil (recommended)
- 1 handful of washed Spinach
- Add the milk, almond butter, chocolate whey protein or cocoa powder, and spinach into the blender and blend until its smooth.
- Add the fruits and continue blending until creamy, smooth, fresh, and everything nice. You may also add the virgin coconut oil if needed.
- ENJOY YOUR FRESH NEW SMOOTHIE!
2. Mango Island with Pineapple to Lava
- 1 cup of Almond Milk
- 1 cup of Frozen Mango or Fresh Mango if you live on an island (just add ice to smoothie)
- 1 cup of Frozen Pineapple or Fresh Pineapple if you live on the Dole Farm in Hawaii (not sponsored…) (just add ice to smoothie)
- 1 handful of washed spinach
- 1/2 scoop of Vanila Protein Powder or use Vanilla Almond Milk.
- Add the milk, vanilla protein powder, and spinach into the blender and blend until it is smooth
- Add the fruits and continue blending until smooth and creamy.
- ENJOY THE ISLAND IN THE SUN!
Let me know what recipes you tried and let me know what you think!!
As smoothies are full of nutrients, individuals with autism are full of life. We should all ignite change, promote acceptance, and start raising awareness for Autism!
As a contribution to this effort, The Fresh Approach pledges to donate $500.00 to the Autism Society of America once this post hits 300 views! So please share this post and raise the awareness for autism and also share some nutrient knowledge about smoothies!
Stay Classy! Stay Fresh! Stay Aware!
The Fresh Approach